My 25+ year career has always been closely connected to the university-enterprise relationship, including several years at the Foundation University-Enterprise as Director of International Programmes, and as Director of the Employment Centre at the University of Valladolid. I also have broad private sector experience in several different technology and consultancy roles: Founder and CEO of Gateway Strategic Consultancy Services (1998 – 2005; Founding Partner of EuroAlert.net; Vice-President of the Telecommunication Development Centre of Castilla León (CEDETEL); and Evaluator in the VI and VII R&D Framework Programme.
In 2005, I joined the European University Miguel de Cervantes (UEMC) as a full time lecturer in the field of business management. My field of research is innovation management and knowledge society.
From 2008 to 2012, I held the position of Vice-Chancellor of ESHE and Employment, managing the Bologna Process at the UEMC and directing quality and employment activities. In September, 2012, I was appointed Vicerrector de Ordenación Académica Calidad y Empleo.
My educational background includes:
• PhD in Information Society and Telecommunications.
• Bachelor with honours in Business Administration
• Masters degree in Marketing and postgraduate studies in Technological Innovation (Universidad Politécnica de Madrid)
• Management and Information technologies (Universidad de Alcalá de Henares)
• Certified Coach (Lider-Haz-Go) in executive, personal and team coaching
I have broad experience as a lecturer and instructor in several fields, including innovation management, leadership, coaching and business start-up. I am the academic director of the following postgraduate programmes:
• Professional Skills and Talent Development
• Leadership Programme
• Professional Coaching